Frequently Asked Questions

Enter one or more words to search through our frequently asked questions

or select one of the categories to see all questions and answers for that category


I have a criminal record and/or an exclusion order from the past, can I join my British wife in the UK?

EU citizens with a criminal record or exclusion orders should seek legal advice as soon as possible as these cases tend to be complex. Please see this useful document by the charity Unlock. 

In addition, joining British family members in the UK is a complex application, for which legal advice is also recommended.