Frequently Asked Questions

Enter one or more words to search through our frequently asked questions

or select one of the categories to see all questions and answers for that category


Do you need Comprehensive Sickness Insurance (CSI) for settled status?

No. The CSI requirement was scrapped for EU Settlement Scheme applications. 

To apply for pre-settled or settled status, you do not need to evidence that you were in one of the ‘qualified person’ categories (worker, self-employed, jobseeker, self-sufficient with CSI or student with CSI). 

The EU Settlement Scheme checks for your residence in the UK. 

To be eligible for settled status, you normally need to evidence you have been living in the UK for at least 6 months out of every 12 months for a continuous period of 5 years.

© the3million 2020    Contact Us     About Us     We respect your privacy. Read our policy here