Frequently Asked Questions

Enter one or more words to search through our frequently asked questions

or select one of the categories to see all questions and answers for that category


Can I appeal a decision made by the Home Office on my status if I believe I should have been given settled status but was granted pre-settled, or if I was refused (pre-) settled status?

You may be able to apply for an administrative review of your application if you think there’s been a mistake. It costs £80 and you’ll usually get the result within 28 days.

You’ll get your money back if the original decision is changed because of an error.

You can submit new evidence as part of an administrative review but you will not get your money back if the decision is changed because of the new evidence.

It is also possible to apply again for pre or settled status if the first application you made was refused.

You can also appeal against a decision. For more information on appeals, read it here: You are advised to seek legal advice if you wish to appeal a decision.