Frequently Asked Questions

Enter one or more words to search through our frequently asked questions

or select one of the categories to see all questions and answers for that category


What is a SHARE CODE? I get asked for this to prove I have (pre-) settled status.

If you are an EU citizen with pre-settled or settled status, that status is a digital status. When you want to prove your status to someone, like an employer or a landlord, you will need to give them a ‘share code’.

Visit this page and follow the links, entering your passport or identity card details and your date of birth, and eventually you will be given a ‘share code’ which can then be given to the employer or landlord with which they can check your status.

For queries about viewing or proving your status:

View and prove guidance

EU Settlement Resolution Centre


Telephone: 0300 123 7379 

or from outside the UK: +44 (0)203 080 0010
Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays), 8am to 8pm
Saturday and Sunday, 9:30am to 4:30pm
See call charges