Frequently Asked Questions

Enter one or more words to search through our frequently asked questions

or select one of the categories to see all questions and answers for that category


I have (pre-) settled status. Can I use my EU ID card to enter the UK?

From the 1st October 2021 you cannot use an EU, EEA or Swiss national ID card to enter the UK unless you:

In these cases, you can continue to use your national ID card to enter the UK until at least 31 December 2025.

Full details at

IMPORTANT NOTE - your EUSS status must be attached to your ID card in order to use it