Frequently Asked Questions

Enter one or more words to search through our frequently asked questions

or select one of the categories to see all questions and answers for that category


What do I need to do if I am an existing EU citizen student, studying in the UK?

If you were in the UK before 31 December 2020, you had until 30 June 2021 to apply for settled/pre-settled status to secure your rights to stay in the UK but you can still apply if you can show that you have reasonable grounds for missing the deadline. See our FAQ on late applications. Students who do not qualify for the EU Settlement Scheme, i.e. they did not enter the UK before 31 December 2020 or do not have family members they are able to join in the UK, will have to apply using the new immigration system.

For more information about settled/pre-settled status and how to apply you can visit the Government’s website.