Frequently Asked Questions

Enter one or more words to search through our frequently asked questions

or select one of the categories to see all questions and answers for that category


I have (pre-)settled status. What happens when my passport expires or I change my details?

Your (pre-) settled status remains valid even if it is linked to an expired passport. If you decide to renew your passport, then you should update your passport or identity card details on the EU Settlement Scheme website to make sure you can use your status linked to your ID. Once you’re logged onto the system to view your status (, you will be able to click ‘update your details’ as well as ‘prove your status’ to someone. You can also go directly to to update your details.

You must update your details when your ID details change, but also if your name or other details, such as email and phone number change. There are similar steps to take online as when you check your status. You go to the website, click ‘start now’, input the details of the ID you used when you did your application, your date of birth, after which the system will send a verification code to your phone or email. It is therefore important that you do not change your phone number and email address at the same time!

After the code is verified, you will be asked which details you need to update. You can update your mobile phone number, email address, name, identity document and address in the UK. You click on which detail you want to update and you can follow the steps to fill in the online form with the new details. 

© the3million 2021    Contact Us     About Us    We respect your privacy. Read our policy here