Frequently Asked Questions

Enter one or more words to search through our frequently asked questions

or select one of the categories to see all questions and answers for that category


As an EU citizen, if I want to go back to the EU, can I take my British or non-EU family with me?

Yes, under EU free movement rights, you can go back to the EU, and be joined by your non-EU family members. See the EU Commission’s website for more details:

Also, the EU is setting up a Brexit Adjustment Reserve fund, which includes some potential help for citizens returning to the EU from the UK. The Reserve will support measures specifically set up in relation to the withdrawal of the UK from the European Union, which can include “support to employment and reintegration in the labour market of citizens returning from the UK, including through short-time work schemes, re-skilling and training”. See here for more details: