I have had a baby, do I need to submit an application to the EU Settlement Scheme? What should someone who has settled or pre-settled status do after the birth of a child?

It depends on whether your child is born British. If the child was born in the UK, and at the time of their birth at least one parent was British or had settled status, then your child is British and does not need to have status under the EU Settlement Scheme.

There are many complex criteria depending on the date of birth of your child, and the nationality and immigration status of the parents. Check this Government website https://www.gov.uk/check-british-citizenship/born-in-the-uk-from-1-july-2021-onwards for more detailed information on whether your child is British. See also this very helpful leaflet from PRCBC - https://prcbc.files.wordpress.com/2019/04/leaflet-british-citizens-rights-of-children-born-to-eaaswiss-nationals-.pdf.

If your child is not British, for example if both of your baby’s parents only have pre-settled status rather than settled status, then you must apply for pre-settled status for your baby within 90 days of their birth. You will need proof of their identity - for example a passport or national identity card - and proof of their relationship with you. See https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families/apply-settled-status-for-child for more information.