I have applied for (pre-) settled status and am awaiting confirmation. Can I use my EU ID card to enter the UK?

You can use your EEA or Swiss national identity card to enter the UK if all of the following are true:

  • you’ve applied for settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme, or Jersey, Guernsey or the Isle of Man’s settlement schemes

  • you’ve been issued with confirmation your application is valid

  • you’re not applying as a joining family member

Full details at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/visiting-the-uk-as-an-eu-eea-or-swiss-citizen

IMPORTANT NOTE - your EUSS status application must be attached to your ID card in order to use it