What is a SHARE CODE? I get asked for this to prove I have (pre-) settled status.

If you are an EU citizen with pre-settled or settled status, that status is a digital status. When you want to prove your status to someone, like an employer or a landlord, you will need to give them a ‘share code’.

Visit this page https://www.gov.uk/view-prove-immigration-status and follow the links, entering your passport or identity card details and your date of birth, and eventually you will be given a ‘share code’ which can then be given to the employer or landlord with which they can check your status.

For queries about viewing or proving your status:

View and prove guidance

EU Settlement Resolution Centre

Webform: eu-settled-status-enquiries.service.gov.uk/start

Telephone: 0300 123 7379 

or from outside the UK: +44 (0)203 080 0010
Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays), 8am to 8pm
Saturday and Sunday, 9:30am to 4:30pm
See call charges