I am living in the EU with my partner who is a UK citizen. How can I move to the UK with my British partner?

You can apply for an EEA family permit if you’ve lived in an EU or EEA country or Switzerland with an eligible family member who’s a British citizen, and if your partner returns to the UK before 29 March 2022. This is also known as a ‘Surinder Singh’ application. You must have lived with them in the EU/EEA country or Switzerland before 1 January 2021, and be:

  • their spouse, civil partner or unmarried partner (‘durable partner’)

  • under 21 years old, and are their child or grandchild

  • 21 years or older, and are their dependent child or grandchild

  • their dependent parent or grandparent

To be eligible for an EEA family permit you must prove that:

  • your British family member was resident in an EU or EEA country or Switzerland and was either a worker, a self-employed person, a self-sufficient person, a student, or a person with a right of permanent residence in that country

  • you were lawfully resident in that EEA country or Switzerland with your British family member

  • your family member returned to the UK by 31 December 2020

There are additional requirements to be met which can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/surinder-singh

In cases like this, you are advised to seek legal advice.