How can my non-EU family members join me in the UK?

If you are an EU citizen who holds pre-settled status or settled status (or is eligible to hold either status), you can be joined by your family members in the UK at any time in the future. 

Article 10 of the Withdrawal Agreement has a list of eligible family members who can apply to join you in the UK. From 1 January 2021, family members who want to join you in the UK must apply to enter the UK under the EU Settlement Scheme. In many cases this will involve applying for an ‘EUSS family permit’ and then applying for pre-settled status once they have arrived in the UK. However, in some cases family members can apply directly for pre-settled status or settled status before they travel to the UK. More information on family permits can be found here: