What kind of work is considered as reasonable absences out of the UK without affecting my pre-settled status?

There are a few work categories which allow for long absences without affecting your status in the UK. These include periods of absence on compulsory military service, a Crown service posting (or as a partner or child accompanying such a person) or time “spent working in the UK marine area”. These examples allow you to be absent from the UK for as long as the post lasts without losing your status.

If your job does not fall into one of the above categories, absences from the UK may affect your ‘continuous residence’ period. However, work postings (i.e. if you are sent abroad by your company) of more than 6 months but not more than 12 months are considered as important reasons for staying outside the UK for more than 6 months and would allow you to maintain your continuous residence period without losing your pre-settled status.