I am currently contracted by an English-registered company. Can I apply to live in the UK through the EUSS or do I need to apply through the points-based system?

If you arrived in the UK before 31 December 2020 or can qualify as a family member of a relevant person with pre-settled or settled status in the UK, you need to apply for pre-settled or settled status.

If you do not qualify for the EU Settlement Scheme, you will need to apply via the points-based system to be able to work in the UK. If you live in the EU but work for an English registered company, your country of residence rules apply.

Frontier Worker permits may also apply to you. A Frontier Worker permit lets you come to the UK to work while living elsewhere.

You may be eligible for a Frontier Worker permit if all of the following apply:

  • you’re from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein

  • you live outside of the UK

  • you have worked in the UK by 31 December 2020

  • you have kept working in the UK at least once every 12 months since you started working here.

More information about frontier worker permits can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/frontier-worker-permit

© the3million 2021    Contact Us     About Us    We respect your privacy. Read our policy here