This job application deadline has passed and we are not accepting any applications
Job opportunity at the3million: Campaign Organiser
the3million is a not-for-profit organisation representing EU citizens in the since 2016 and campaigning for the protection of their rights after Brexit.
The Campaign Organiser is a new role to support an Andrew Wainwright Reform Trust (AWRT)-funded Young Europeans Network project at the3million on mobilising young EU citizen voters in the upcoming 2021 local elections.
Combining traditional and online campaigning and outreach skills, you will work on our new campaign to mobilise young EU voters in the 2021 local elections, supporting our mission to promote EU citizens’ political rights.
This is a part-time (40% WTE) role for a 6-months campaign.
Apply by email at ye[at]the3million.org.uk
Deadline 11 December 2020 23:59
Main duties and responsibilities
1. Produce a scoping short research paper on how the main UK political parties engage with EU citizen voters;
2. Create and disseminate a toolkit on how to engage EU citizen voters, with a focus on young people. This will involve coordinating with the3million’s Young Europeans Network to create a fact sheet, a short video and a set of infographics encouraging EU citizens to register to vote and vote in the 2021 local elections;
3. Organise one (online or in-person depending on the COVID-19 situation) cross-party hustings events targeted to young Europeans in three areas in England;
4. Liaise with the3million’s Media Manager for local press stories on EU citizens’ political participation in the 2021 elections and collect relevant media case studies;
5. Regularly create and post social media content on the campaign activities, working with the Young Europeans Network volunteers;
6. Liaise with organisations in the democracy sector in the UK to share good practice and resources, as well as collaborate on relevant campaign material and content.
7. Other tasks at the discretion of management in line with the3million strategy and activities
The Campaign Organiser reports to Young Europeans Manager and will work closely with an active team of Young European volunteers at the3million.
Place of work: Home-based role
Hours: 15 hours a week (WTE 40%)
Salary: £24,300 per annum pro-rata + £3,000 per annum pro-rata in London and South East Living Allowance if applicable.
Equal Opportunities: the3million is striving to implement its Equal Opportunities Policy. Applications are welcomed from candidates regardless of religion or belief, age, race, sex, marital status, disability or sexual orientation, gender reassignment or pregnancy.
Please note travel may be required (in respect of public health guidelines)
Excellent knowledge of the British political system and EU citizens’ rights in the UK, including EU citizens’ democratic rights;
Proven experience in working on campaigns in the migration sector or political campaigns more broadly;
Good knowledge of using social media platforms for campaigns (in particular, Facebook and Instagram);
Excellent communication skills, including public speaking at events;
Solid writing and text editing skills;
Self-sufficient and proactive with good organisational skills;
Creativity and openness to adapting to feedback and new ideas;
Ability to plan work in a structured way with clear deadlines and expectations and delegate effectively where appropriate.
Video editing and subtitling skills;
Ability to produce creative video materials and infographics;
Working knowledge of digital marketing, including digital ad campaigns;
Experience in co-creating resources with a group of volunteers
The interviews will be week commencing 14 December