This job application deadline has passed and we are not accepting any applications
Job opportunity at the3million: Outreach and Engagement Coordinator
the3million is a not-for-profit organisation representing EU citizens in the since 2016 and campaigning for the protection of their rights after Brexit.
The Campaign Organiser is a new role to support an Andrew Wainwright Reform Trust (AWRT)-funded Young Europeans Network project at the3million on mobilising young EU citizen voters in the upcoming 2021 local elections.
Combining traditional and online campaigning and outreach skills, you will work on our new campaign to mobilise young EU voters in the 2021 local elections, supporting our mission to promote EU citizens’ political rights.
This is a part-time (60% WTE) role for a 6-months campaign.
Apply using this online application Google form:
Deadline 10 January 2021 23:59
Interviews are scheduled on Friday 15 January (morning).
Main duties and responsibilities
1. Design and deliver a digital campaign to reach 500,000 young EU citizens encouraging them to register to vote ahead of the May 2021 local elections in England;
2. Grow the political engagement of young EU citizens in 3 targeted areas, including local (online) meetings and disseminating a range of social media assets on voter registration;
3. Create campaign video material and infographics working with the Young Europeans Network volunteers and liaise with community translation to translate or subtitle these social media assets in Romanian, Bulgarian and Lithuanian;
4. Organise a week of series of events, including digital hustings, called the EU citizens Politics Festival;
5. Liaise with the3million’s Media Manager for local press stories on EU citizens’ political participation in the 2021 elections and collect relevant media case studies;
5. Regularly create and post social media content on the campaign activities, working with the Young Europeans Network volunteers and with our digital strategist for targeted posts;
6. Liaise with organisations in the democracy sector in the UK to share good practice and resources, as well as collaborate on relevant campaign material and content;
7. Provide assistance in other areas of the3million Young Europeans ’ work when necessary, and as deemed necessary by the Young Europeans Manager and/or the CEO.
8. Publish an evaluation report with recommendations for future EU citizen and youth focussed campaigns.
The Outreach and Engagement Coordinator reports to Young Europeans Manager and will work closely with an active team of Young European volunteers at the3million.
Place of work: Home-based role
Hours: 21 hours a week (WTE 60%)
Salary: £24,300 per annum pro-rata + £3,000 per annum pro-rata in London and South East Living Allowance if applicable.
Equal Opportunities: the3million is striving to implement its Equal Opportunities Policy.
Applications are welcomed from candidates regardless of religion or belief, age, race, sex, marital status, disability or sexual orientation, gender reassignment or pregnancy.
Please note travel may be required (in respect of public health guidelines)
Excellent knowledge of the British political system and EU citizens’ rights in the UK, including EU citizens’ democratic rights;
Proven experience in working on campaigns in the migration sector or political campaigns more broadly;
Current working knowledge of using social media platforms for campaigns (in particular, Facebook and Instagram ads);
Excellent communication skills, including public speaking at events;
Solid writing and text editing skills;
Self-sufficient and proactive with good organisational skills;
Creativity and openness to adapting to feedback and new ideas;
Ability to plan work in a structured way with clear deadlines and expectations and delegate effectively where appropriate.
Video editing and subtitling skills;
Ability to produce creative video materials and infographics;
Working knowledge of digital marketing, including digital ad campaigns;
Experience in co-creating resources with a group of volunteers;
Experience managing volunteers and creating local-level networks of volunteers or community organisers.