This job application deadline has passed and we are not accepting any applications
Job opportunity at the3million: Policy and research officer
The Policy and Research Officer is a new role to support the Policy and Advocacy Manager at a critical time to analyse government policy and legislation and the impact on EU citizens in the UK under the Withdrawal Agreement and UK immigration legislation.
Combining rigorous evidence-based research, diagnosis, and policy development; and detailed knowledge of legal and policy developments in all areas relating to the implementation of the Withdrawal Agreement. You will support the Policy and Advocacy Manager with establishing the tactical plan to review and monitor policy implementation relating to our actions to support our mission to protect EU citizens’ rights.
Apply by email at info[at]the3million.org.uk
Deadline 11 December 2020 23:59
Main duties and responsibilities
1. To help develop and support the implementation of an effective tactical plan for our policy strategy, and translate into actions to support our mission to protect citizens’ rights strategy
2. Research and analyse legal and policy implications on EU citizens in the area of the Withdrawal Agreement - citizens’ rights chapter. With a particular focus on residence, welfare, social security and other entitlements protected by the agreement.
3. To research immigration policy and legislation, and assist the Policy and Advocacy Manager in drafting high quality written research papers, publications and other materials that communicate complex messages clearly and effectively.
5. To contribute to the3million’s website, social media channels and newsletter as and when required, and coordinate, in collaboration with the Communications and Fundraising Manager, the3million’s campaigns and outreach activity on key issues.
6. Media work to represent the views of the3million in broadcast and print media when required.
7. Networking across the legal and migration sector and with wider stakeholders including other charities and organisations, trades unions, faith networks and think tanks.
8. Sharing of knowledge, advocacy expertise, and contacts while working in a collaborative environment with the the3million team
9. Provide assistance in other areas of the3million’s work when necessary, and as deemed necessary by the Policy and Advocacy Manager and/or the CEO
Reporting to the Policy and Advocacy Manager
Place of work: Home-based role
Hours: 17 ½ hours (WTE 50%)
Salary: £25,389 per annum pro-rata + £3,000 per annum pro-rata in London and South East Living Allowance if applicable.
Equal Opportunities: the3million is striving to implement its Equal Opportunities Policy. Applications are welcomed from candidates regardless of religion or belief, age, race, sex, marital status, disability or sexual orientation, gender reassignment or pregnancy.
Please note travel may be required (in respect of public health guidelines)
Excellent written and spoken skills - ability to communicate complex matters into clear English
Ability to understand complex and technical policy issues
Experience of interpreting complex data to deliver projects and reports
Excellent knowledge of the Withdrawal Agreement and its current implementation in the UK
Excellent experience in legal and policy analysis with experience in the EU policy area
Proven experience of skills in policy/legal strategy
The interviews will be week commencing 14 December